Health Office News for 2021/2022 School Year
- Does your child have New Mexico required immunizations to attend school? Parents/Guardians please make every effort to ensure your child is up to date with school required immunizations prior to school starting on August 11th, 2021.
- Does your child need medication at school? Please see the med info section to ensure the proper paperwork is completed prior to school starting on August 11th, 2021.
New Mexico requires children entering school to have certain immunizations completed. The health office staff will be verifying immunization compliance for every enrolled student. The publications below are from the New Mexico Department of Health and provide comprehensive details on these requirements.
- School Immunization Schedule Letter 2021-2022
- School Immunization Requirements (English) 2021-2022
- School Immunization Requirements (Spanish) 2021-2022
Getting your child's shot record - or your record - from the State of New Mexico has never been easier! You can go to Vax View NM's Website.
Here is the information you will need:
- Patient's name - your child's name or your name
- Date of birth
- cell phone number or email address
- APS School Based Health Centers
- APS - When is Sick too Sick for School? APS youtube video
- APS ¿Cuando Está Demasiado Enfermo Su Hijo(a) para Ir a la Escuela? - APS youtube video in Spanish
- CDC - Cover your Cough poster (PDF)
- CDC - FLU - Talking to Children about Flu (PDF)
- CDC Handwashing Poster (PDF)
- NASN - Washing Your Hands video
- NASN - Lavarse las Manos - Handwashing - Spanish video
All medication will be dispensed according to the Albuquerque Public Schools medication policy and procedures:
- Prescription medications will be dispensed in the office when the completed paperwork is provided.
- Prescription medication must be in the pharmacy labeled container and label must match the completed paperwork.
- Over the counter medication must be supplied in an unopened container, not past expiration date and the health office must follow the directions provided on the container. Please make sure the medication is directed for your child's age/weight.